Experienced Southern California Business Litigation Lawyer
California law firm litigates on behalf of your business
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. At Curry Advisors, we have been assisting businesses for more than 20 years through alternative dispute resolution and civil trials in state and federal courts. We have the knowledge and experience to help your business in cases related to:
Recovery for breach of contract
When one party to a contract fails to perform, the other party is damaged. This damage often goes beyond the immediate inconvenience of getting less than promised by the contract. The breach can also cost you future profits if you are unable to serve your clients as a result. We can help you achieve the best legal remedy for a breach of contract, such as:
- Compensatory damages – reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages – compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs – amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages – amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance – court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Rescission – cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation – change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
Affordable alternatives to a civil suit
The cost of traditional litigation can easily exceed the amount in dispute under the contract. Fortunately there are various means of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration, which sometimes are less costly, quicker, and more private than civil lawsuits, but can deliver acceptable results. We have successfully represented clients in arbitration and mediation hearings, and have settled lawsuits prior to trial, saving our clients expenses and getting their businesses back on track.
Contact a dependable San Diego law firm to get your business moving again.
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, you need to take action. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could make the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Contact Curry Advisors online or call us at 619-238-0004 to schedule an appointment.